The Conveyancing and securitization department is a key unit in the firm which whose practitioners collaborate with the Commercial and Financial Services Unit in deal structuring and securitisation. The department is headed by Rumbidzai Matambo, who worked as an Associate then a partner in the Commercial Financial Services Unit before being appointed head of the Conveyancing & Securitization Unit in 2012. Rumbidzai’s past experience in commercial and corporate work lends itself well to the Conveyancing division as she has the understanding of the importance of securitization to a transaction. The department has years of experience in advising local and international clients on complex transactions underpinned by securitisation. Our advisory services in this department are unmatched in Zimbabwe
The Conveyancing and Securitization unit offers a full range of services including:
- Advice on securitisation of loans and facilities;
- Drafting and registration of security documents;
- Notarial work including registration of Notarial General Covering Bonds; Notarial Special Covering Bond, Notarial leases, hypothecation of Mining Rights;
- Property and Security litigation;
- Advice on legal and technical aspects of construction and property development to commercial property developers; and
- Registration of Trusts (personal and business trusts).
FBC Building Society
DMH has advised FBC Building Society in three construction and development projects. Specifically we advised on:
- Reviewing and drafting the agreements with the original property owners for the development of the property (we have only done this in relation to one project which started last year.
- Retained as legal practitioners for any disputes arising from the development and/or sale of the resultant developments (litigation).
- Advise on regulatory and other approvals.
- Conveyancers for the transfer of the developments.
Nicoz Diamond Insurance Limited
DMH have been appointed lead legal counsel in a sizeable cluster house development project for Nicoz Diamond.
DMH have been appointed consultants in a million dollar project pertaining to a tender related to a building project for TSL Limited along Masvingo road.